Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

September Beauty Favorites


September has been a wonderful month for me. 

I started my new full-time job on the 18th, after suffering and being an emotional wreck with the job search for a year. A lot of the times it was difficult for me to get out of bed because of my bad sleeping habits and feeling depressed about not working, especially while planning a wedding (you know how expensive weddings are). I know a job doesn't define you, but when you've been in my situation where you've searched and applied endlessly, and gone through interview after interview only to get that dreaded email saying "Thank you for your time, unfortunately we have hired someone else who matches our qualifications better"...you would know how demoralizing it feels. I went to a volunteer orientation for a museum just so I can gain experience from that to add to my resume, and even I was rejected for that. You can imagine how humiliating it feels to get a rejection letter for an unpaid volunteer position. 

But I thank God everyday for this job, and I work as hard as I can to show my employers what I am capable of and because I love the organization. I am a communications coordinator for the local food bank. Although they aren't just a food bank: let me explain. There are 2 buildings, one of which is the actual food bank, and the other which is the family services part. I work in the family services building, where they also provide free clothing, ESL classes, gardening/nutrition classes, computer classes, immigration services (they help you with obtaining a US citizenship), and refugee resettlement services (they help refugees find a place to live within 90 days, and help provide furniture, food and clothing). I work in the communications office so I'm more behind the scenes. I primarily do graphic design and social media promotion, and I also go out and take pictures of events or different classes going on to post onto Facebook or Instagram. Once in a while I'll do some office work too. I love it, and after a year of not working I appreciate it so so much more. And I get paid better than all of the other jobs I got rejected from. I feel at home and I absolutely love the people I work with. 

I used to tell Cecilio, "I have all of this makeup and nice clothes, but I have nowhere to go to use it..." and he felt SO bad. But now I can wear my nice clothes and makeup everyday! He did tell me though that I would be a lot more protective with my money now that it's mine. He is right, I am more picky with what I buy, especially because I will be helping more with the bills and I'm trying to get out of debt. (Even though my birthday is next month, I won't be going crazy)

This month has been a lip gloss kind of month for me. I've been reaching for lip glosses instead of my lipsticks since they are more comfortable. Anyhow, here are a list of my favorites this month:

Fenty Beauty Gloss Bomb 
When Rihanna released her highly sought-after beauty line, I had to get my hands on this lip gloss. It is a bit sheer and I tend to like my lip glosses more pigmented, but this has a nice peach tint with sparkle, and it smells like Peachy gummi candy! It's great to wear during "no makeup" makeup kinda days.

Gabriel Cosmetics Lip Gloss in "Venus" 
You are probably not familiar with Gabriel Cosmetics unless if you're into green beauty brands. I bought this at Nugget Markets, the local grocery store chain that sells organic and healthy, but also mainstream foods. So it's like Whole Foods and a regular grocery store combined. Anyway, they have a beauty section that only sells green beauty brands, such as Zoya, Mineral Fusion, Pacifica, Andalou Naturals and of course Gabriel Cosmetics. Since I swatched the Gabriel lip glosses, I found myself most drawn to the warm dusty rose shade, "Venus". Of course, I didn't want to make a rash decision but after a month I decided that I still wanted, and I bought it! It is pretty expensive at $16, almost as much as a MAC lip glass. But I like this SO much better. I would say that I even like this better than my NARS lip gloss in "Dolce Vita"! This is so pigmented (especially when green beauty brands have a reputation for being too sheer and boring), and it has some brown undertones that flatter my skin well.

Mented Cosmetics Lip Gloss in "Baby Brown"* and "Berry Me"*
Mented Cosmetics is a beauty brand I have been raving about lately. They make gorgeous nude lipsticks and nail polishes for women of color because it's always been difficult to find that perfect shade in the drugstore or at the mall. This month, they released 4 stunning lip gloss shades that I have reviewed here. Baby brown is a lovely reddish brown that was made for fall. And Berry Me is a candy-coated wine that looks sophisticated, and not crazy violet. I've been rocking this shade at work frequently!

First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Facial Cleanser
When I ran out of my sample of the Origins Checks & Balances Cleanser, I ran to Ulta intending to find the full-sized version. However, one of the salesmen pointed me to the First Aid cleanser instead, especially for my sensitive skin. I am so happy I purchased this! I've had so many makeup removers and cleansers in my lifetime and while they felt great on my skin, they didn't get rid of all of the makeup at all. I would keep scrubbing away between cleanser and wipes (and waste all of my wipes). With this cleanser, I dab a quarter-size and I massage it all over my face and almost all of the makeup comes off without a hassle. There's still a bit of some traces left so I repeat a second time (and I still use my makeup remover wipes) just to be sure my face is squeaky clean. I've never had a cleanser that removed that much makeup. I've been using this for over 3 weeks and I still am nowhere near finished! But when I am, I will be repurchasing.

Aloette Lip & Cheek Tint in "Blooming Berry"
Though this is a highlighter duo, I primarily use the shade Ginger Binge as a blush. I applied Moscow Mule over it but it ended up being way too glittery for my cheekbones so I prefer to use that as a highlight itself. I love the cinnamon-y reddish pink tints on both of these.

Pur Cosmetics
Out of all of the full-sized eyeshadow palettes I received from Boxycharm, this has got to be the best one. It's like another Naked Heat...the shades are so similar! I am digging the bronzes, reds, and oranges. It screams fall. The mattes and metallics are incredibly pigmented too.

What has been your September favorites? How has your September been so far?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar